Tampa Bat Removal
Humane Bat Control Services in Tampa & the Surrounding Areas
Tampa is a bustling city known for its rich biodiversity, which includes five distinct species of bats. These winged creatures play a pivotal role in maintaining our environment, particularly by controlling insect populations. However, they can occasionally become unwelcome guests in our homes or businesses.
At PestBear, we understand the delicate balance of cohabiting with these creatures and the potential inconvenience they can cause when they take up unexpected residence in our spaces. Our bat removal services in Tampa focus on the humane, safe, and swift removal of bats from both residential and commercial properties.
"Thank you so much!"
He is always so courteous!- Kathy P.
"My lawn looks better than most of my neighbors."
I have received a couple of compliments from people walking by about how nice my lawn looks.- Steve P.
"It’s just nice to have people you feel comfortable with..."
He is also very knowledgeable and keeps the pests at bay!- Christina G.
"We are completely satisfied with our service."
He always calls before he arrives, leaves detailed notes of the current application with instructions, and our lawn has never looked better.- Nancy S.
"Thank you Vernon!"
We always appreciate his work and have recommended him to our neighbors !- Kristin O.
"Put us right at ease!"
Super easy people to work with, and always easy to communicate with.- Leanna B.
"Very professional and friendly!"
Since switching to LawnBear/PestBear over a year ago, my lawn looks much better.- Matthew C.
"We have been with PestBear for years and plan to stay."
He’s always so kind and friendly and we couldn’t be happier!- Kendra T.
Tampa’s Five Species of Bat
Tampa is home to a diverse spectrum of bat species, each with its own unique characteristics and role in the local ecosystem:
- The evening bat is a small species typically found in forested areas.
- The Brazilian free-tailed bat is known for its high-speed flight and preference for urban environments.
- The southeastern bat is distinguishable by its medium size and glossy brown fur, often roosting in tree cavities and under bridges.
- The Seminole bat is quite a sight with its bright, mahogany-red fur, often mistaken for the Red Bat, and prefers foliage and tree cavities for roosting.
- The big brown bat is the species most likely to enter homes. This species of bat is highly adaptable and is known for roosting in a variety of environments, including man-made structures.
They can find their way into homes through small openings and cracks, often seeking shelter in attics, basements, and within walls. It’s important to remember that if you encounter a bat in your home, you should not attempt to handle it yourself. Instead, contact PestBear for safe and humane removal.
Preventing Bats from Entering Your Home: Tips from PestBear
While bats are an integral part of our local ecosystem, you don’t want them roosting in your home or commercial space.
Here are some preventive measures you can take to deter bats from entering your property:
- Seal entry points: Bats can squeeze through tiny openings as small as a half-inch. Regularly inspect your home for gaps or cracks, particularly around windows, doors, eaves, and roof edges, and seal them appropriately.
- Install bat houses: Consider installing a bat house on your property, which can provide an attractive alternative for bats seeking shelter.
- Limit outdoor lighting: Bats are attracted to areas where insects gather, and outdoor lighting can be a significant insect attractor. Reducing outdoor lighting can help deter bats.
- Maintain your yard: Regular yard maintenance, like trimming overhanging tree branches and keeping the grass short, can discourage bats from roosting in your home.
- Professional inspection: Having a regular inspection from a pest control expert like PestBear can help identify potential risks and implement preventive measures.
If bats have already taken up residence in your home, it’s crucial to contact PestBear for their safe and humane removal. Attempting to remove bats yourself can be risky and is often illegal without a proper permit.
Call PestBear when Bats Invite Themselves Over
Don’t let bats take control of your home or business. At PestBear, we are your trusted partner for effective bat control and removal services in Tampa. Our team of experts is committed to humane practices and the preservation of our local ecosystem. We combine our thorough understanding of Tampa’s bat species with advanced techniques to safely and swiftly remove these winged visitors from your property.
Trust PestBear to handle your bat issues with professionalism, expertise, and care.